[OM] polarizing filter and wide angle.

Subject: [OM] polarizing filter and wide angle.
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:22:24 -0500
This is a subject that bears some consideration. What is your goal in using
a polarizer with auch a wide lens? If you are in a situation where you are
fairly close and want to remove refelctions and such from metal and glass,
go for it. If you are shooting scenics, and want to darken a sky, beware.

Depending on time and location, it is highly likely that you will get
substantial polarizing effect on one side of the frame and little or none on
the other. For this purpose, I have a set of one and two stop graduated ND
filters. The result is more even and pleasant.

I find that I am unhappy with the results of the polarizer wider than the
28, although sometimes it has worked on the 24 under perfect circumstances.

Bill Pearce