Re: [OM]( Semi long Idiot Rant)

Subject: Re: [OM]( Semi long Idiot Rant)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 06:43:55 +0100
Cc: "mike m." <mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I'm not sure I would have remained on speaking terms with someone who
had kept something of mine for so long....

Chris

At 17:42 -0400 31/7/02, mike m. wrote:
Daryl,
I looked over the photos and to me they are as good if not better
than the pro's. I especially like the panning shots, much more snap
to them.  I'd keep in touch with the media director at the track and
you may have the job next year.

After reading this thread, I thought I'd share an experience I had
with the local asphalt track "pro" a few weeks ago.  I've known this
guy casually for about 5 or 6 years. We work at a volunteer event
for a week or so, once a year, but that's about it. He has an OM-2n
and a couple of cheap lenses mostly Sears and JC Penny brand and he
started hanging around the track right after they built it and took
some pictures of the cars for the drivers and owners. Last year
after looking over some of his prints,he asked my advice on what he
might do to improve his night shots. The fastest lens he had was a
Sears 135 f3.5 and that is what he used for his action shots. I
loaned him one of my Tamron 80-200 f2.8's and told him to try the
faster lens and explained panning with the cars to give them a sense
of motion. He was happy with the info and went on his way.
One year later.
snip
--
<|_:-)_|>