Re: [OM] zuiko 135mm 2.8 or 3.5?

Subject: Re: [OM] zuiko 135mm 2.8 or 3.5?
From: "CyberSimian" <CyberSimian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 06:55:02 -0000
----- Original Message -----
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 31, 2002 6:15 PM

> I own both: my 2.8 (173xxx) is MC, and the 3.5 (358xxx) is SC (I think
> _all_ 3.5's are SC).

At the moment I happen to have two 135mm f3.5 lenses.  One (serial number
348xxx) is an "E Zuiko"; the other (serial number 401xxx) is a plain
"Zuiko".  I have just compared the coating reflections of these two lenses,
and the coatings are clearly different.  The later 401xxx lens does not have
the pronounced green reflection that my multicoated 50mm f1.4 "Zuiko MC"
(829xxx) has, but then I have another 50mm f1.4 "Zuiko MC" (900xxx) that
also lacks the green reflection, so lack of a green reflection does not
necessarily denote single coating.

I think that the accepted view is that the label "x Zuiko" denotes single
coating, "Zuiko MC" denotes multicoating, while plain "Zuiko" on later
lenses also denotes multicoating (not true for plain "Zuiko" on early
lenses -- my 75-150mm f4 zoom is plain "Zuiko" but is single coated).

-- from Cy in the UK