Re: [OM] Slide Film

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide Film
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:45:31 -0400
As I understand it, the machines that run the K-14 Kodachrome process are
very complicated and very expensive.  Doesn't the process have multiple
steps for developing and pre-flashing each dye layer?

Whatever the methodology, I'd expect Kodak to run the machines until the
very end, as much of their cost is alredy in the depreciation bucket (not
withstanding the big maintenance effort they take).  I can't imagine that
there are more than 1/2 dozen places in the world that still can do K-14.
Am I off my rocker?

Skip