[OM] Importing USA-UK, was eb*y lens

Subject: [OM] Importing USA-UK, was eb*y lens
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:41:48 +0100
If it is new in the US, prepare for VAT to be added to it.  I am not
sure why import duty should be added since that comes from the days
prior to VAT (remember purchase tax and car tax?).  But I bought a
35/2 from a list member in the US and there was no trouble with
tax... then I bought a "GPort" from the states (serial port for G4s)
and the cost was bumped up - $50 item cost £50 Sterling in the end,
and I am not even using it as I discovered a better system.

OT: any Mac G4 owners want a GPort so that they can run their old
serial bits  on their USB/Firewire machines? - Only $40...

Chris