[OM] eb*y lens

Subject: [OM] eb*y lens
From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 08:37:12 -0700 (PDT)
>For my first dip into on-line auctions I just treated
>myself to a 100mm 2.8 Zuiko, price ?90 including
>postage.... but what I really have a hankering
>for (as well a 3Ti that is) is:
>
>http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?>ViewItem&item=1369546578
>
>which seems to be a nice 300mm.
>
>Any comments on the 100 would be appreciated along
>with a sensible guide price for the 300. I don't mind
>if I overpaid a little for the 100 - learning
>experiences always cost a little more :-( but I want
>to be very sure on the 300 as I'll use it for wild
>life possibly with a Vivitar 2x macro convertor
>
>Regards
>Ian

That sounds a bit like me.  I got a user 100 f/2.8 for
$92 USD including shipping off the bay with a nice
BIN.  It is single coated and may have some oil in the
linkage (which I think that I have removed
successfully).  It seems to work alright, however.

I recently bought a BGN 300 f/4.5 from KEH, and it was
in excellent condition.  No marks on the glass
whatsoever, with tripod collar, and overall a clean
lens.  I paid $254 plus shipping.  It is a late
multicoated version.

I use it with a Vivitar 2x macro focusing
teleconverter occasionally when I need the extra
reach.  I haven't done any scientific image
comparisons, but it seems to work alright.  Here is an
image taken with that combination and the TC raked out
to maximum magnification.  It is the chipmunk picture.
 My apologies for the bad scan, the color stripes are
a result of my poor scanner.

http://photos.yahoo.com/mbeels

Marten