[OM] film processing

Subject: [OM] film processing
From: "Bill Pearce" <bspearce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 12:48:34 -0500
Most of you already know my opinion of color film processing: It should
always be done in a lab with a well monitored, replenished system, using a
dip and dunk machine, so I won't belabor that part here.

To process K14 at home would probably be impossible, as Kodak won't sell you
the chemistry. you would need to assemble it from raw ingredients, including
the dyes, which are added at the time of processing. (that's why the people
in denver can give you a B&W neg from your K12, but not color- the dyes are
different and NLA.)

The process is very difficult, and requires very careful monitoring and
control.

One thing to remember about home processing: chemically, a really big vat of
chemistry (the lab) is a lot more stable than a small jar (your home) of the
same.

Bill Pearce