RE: [OM] Slide Film (now OT HP RPN)

Subject: RE: [OM] Slide Film (now OT HP RPN)
From: Dan Lau <dlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 14:38:25 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 17:00, "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>I will give up my two RPN calculators (12c & 19Bii) when someone prys them
>out of my cold, dead hands.  At least HP/Compaq still keeps that little bit
>of 70's effeciency in existance.

I feel the same way as Thomas and Skip.  I'll give up my HP
RPN calculators when they pry them our of my cold fingers.
I just had my HP32Sii "serviced" by HP, as I cannot find any
new replacements for sale.  The cost is about $45 for them
to replace it.  But unfortunately the replacement is not the
same as the original, which had orange and blue key legends.
The new replacement had dark greek and grey key legends which
are not readable to me.  But at least the keys are in the
same place, so I can do it by memory.  I just cannot function
with the Algebraic calculators, invariably I'd start keying
in a number and remember I didn't hit the operator first, and
all my intermediate calculations are wiped out.

To tie this into the Olympus OM, I acquired another HP32Sii
as a backup, just like I have an OM-2n as a backup to my OM-1
(non-MD).
        -Dan