Re: [OM] Back Home to Flash Trouble

Subject: Re: [OM] Back Home to Flash Trouble
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 23:06:44 -0500
----- Original Message -----
From: "Henry Bottjer-BA" <hcbottj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, August 02, 2002 9:04 PM

> Thank, Paul.  What can I say?  Bummer.  I understand the concepts but
don't
> understand why this should be.  So I can't use the flash in Auto mode with
> the 4T?

No. It almost always works fine. This is a rare situation. It only happened
to me
once. There are other situations where it doesn't work well that are more
common,
like a small subject outdoors at night. You just have to recognize them and
switch
to an appropriate technique. If you see something weird that shouldn't be
happening, like getting "Under" and flash OK on the same shot, it's best to
go to manual until you figure out what's happening.

Paul