[OM] ( OM ) Batteries

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) Batteries
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 17:47:40 +1200
Hi folks,

Occasionally people on this list have given me some stick because of my
stingy attitude to letting batteries run down, with a view to avoiding renewing
them.

Here's one reason why; yesterday I had to get a couple of SR44s. Actually,
the shop had only Energizer EPX76  1.5V "Photo battery" brand which is self-
claimed to be equal to SR44. "Made in USA" it says on the back of the card,
but by whom I cannot ascertain.

Cost?  $7NZ eaches. That's about USD3.50 apiece. Each one cost a bit less
than what I get a 24 exp. roll of Reala for.

At that price they'd better last a while.

Brian