Re: [OM] Gallery Commissions

Subject: Re: [OM] Gallery Commissions
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2002 20:17:18 EDT
In a message dated 8/3/2002 4:49:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
bbbean@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I've been approached by a new gallery (somewhat higher profile than the
> galleries where I've been previously
> displayed), but their commissions run at 50%. That seems high to me. What
> sort of commissions do you pay at
> relatively high profile, high $$$ galleries?
>
> --
> Barry B. Bean
> Bean & Bean Cotton Company
> Peach Orchard, MO
> www.beancotton.com
> www.beanformissouri.org

I've only dealt with one gallery--nice but not particularly "high profile."
 The commission was 40 percent.  50 percent seems a little high, but if the
gallery is that nice, you can probably adjust your price to maintain your
profit without diminishing your sales.

Best,

Greg L.