Re: [OM] What are your body modifications....

Subject: Re: [OM] What are your body modifications....
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 04 Aug 2002 10:20:16 -0500
The "N"'s (OM-1n and OM-2n) have a diode in the sync circuit so that the
hot shoe is always X-sync even if the X-FP switch on the PC socket is
accidentally set on "FP".

The problem is that this polarizes the sync, so that current from the
flash's PC cord has to flow in the proper direction through the camera.
Some "pocket" flashes (mostly off-brands and a few Sunpack models) are
wired "backwards" and won't fire reliably.

But the big problem is the studio units, especially the ones with the
"AC"-type plug for the PC cord that can be plugged in either direction,
or with cheap-o or home-made PC cord extensions that are
cross-connected.  On the studio units, with the cord plugged in one way
they work fine, but the other way they're unreliable.  If that happens,
try reversing the PC plug -- that may "fix" things.