[OM] safari tips

Subject: [OM] safari tips
From: Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 10:05:21 +0100
The trip I went on was a kuoni tour, a big operator here in The UK. My big worry was hand luggage, my nature trekker backpack was twice allowed carry-on weight!! Thankfully neither airline checked the weight (Air Kenya and KLM). The two tips i have are 1) get a large monopod, one that raises to eye level, for when you stand in the van and look out the roof - although been bags may have worked, the monopod was invaluable - I used my benbo trekker pod with no probs... and 2) fim - take twice as much as you think you'll use, plus a bit more - and take much more 400 than you you first think - move of the really special game is around first light and at dusk, where you really need 400 (in my case provia 400f) Just had an email from dad, he seems pleased with the results from his eos so I guess we'll get together son and see!! Sadly I don't have access to a film scanner but I will work on getting some pictures on-line
Finally, discretion forbids any more talk of dutch girls......
Cheers
Pete

Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Molecular Pathogenesis
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305