[OM] Winder 1 and 'B' exposure

Subject: [OM] Winder 1 and 'B' exposure
From: "Carlos J. Santisteban Salinas" <cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2002 20:04:10 +0200
I'd like to have motorized film winding on a sequence of *long* (about 5
minutes) exposures, for astrophotographical purposes (Perseids meteor
shower). I tried this in an OM-1 with my Winder 1, but it won't work -- I
get a short (1/30?) exposure in B, no matter how long I keep depressed the
winder's shutter release.

Would Winder 2 or Motor Drive 1/2 behave the way I want?

Now I have to do a minor fix to my Winder 1 :-( so I haven't tried with my
other OM bodies (1n, 2, 2n and 4). Maybe any of these would solve the
problem? I've heard the OM-4 will do Bulb exposures with a Winder/MD *only*
if good batteries are installed, but they might get dead along a cold night
-- the Winder can be powered from batteries in my pocket, though.

Any advice/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Carlos Santisteban

<cjss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<cjsantis@xxxxxxxx>