Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 13:55:06 -0700
After reading some of Gary Reese's posts on filters in the past I "just say
no" to filters ;-)

As far as lens cleaning implements go, I use a Lenspen--as do many others I
notice out at the track. Works great.

An aside to those who look for cleaning marks with loupes, do you really
believe you will ever see a cleaning mark in a print that you had to search
the front of the lens for with a loupe???!!! If you truly believe that,
fine. IMO, as long as the lens is in reasonably good health, little surface
scratches, etc. don't really effect image quality under normal conditions.
My 350/2.8 has some minor front element scratches--I likely could not have
afforded it any other way. As it is, it works just fine for me and as long
as it keeps bringing home money results, I could care less. (Though I'm
thinking it might not be a bad idea to score a front element from Olympus,
assuming it is still available, just in case I need one someday.)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com