Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses

Subject: Re: [OM] Using/not using filters/Cleaning lenses
From: "Lee Penzias" <l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2002 22:11:28 -0500
Tom,

I do not know why it is recommended; but this is what I have often seen stated by people who sell, evaluate (press) and use bonoculars and other optical instruments.

Now - what the ideal solvent might be is something I do not claim to know. This is why I lean toward the Zeiss product. I assume they know and chose the right components before they allowed it to go on the market with their name on it. If I could find the exact same components by the hundred/pint I would simply buy them myself at source.

Perhaps a pharmacy might be able to supply "lab grade" pure 100 0sopropyl alcohol (if that is what it is).

Cheers
Lee