RE: [OM] Olydak

Subject: RE: [OM] Olydak
From: "om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <om@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 13:22:02 -0400
1. I hope, hope, hope that Olympus will introduce this new beast.  I DO NOT
want to have to buy a D-SLR to get more digital functionality that I have
now with my Canon G2.  Right now, the only other option for my needs is an
Olympus E-20, which is nice.  Cross your fingers, it's going to take some
balls for someone to do it, and Canon or Nikon certainly isn't in that
game.  The only other Mfgrs capable are Pentax and Minolta, but Pentax
chickened out.  Contax is also a possibility, but their WAY too far down
the N-Digital debacle and wedded to the huge Zeiss lenses to do anything.
I also wouldn't expect the minor camera/electronics makers to do anything
this radical (Casio, Panasonic, Fuji, etc.).

2. Bob, you have an option for digital architecture, just buy a D30 or D60
and a Canon 24mm shift lens.  It'd only cost you $3,000!  <bg>

Skip