RE: [OM] ( OM ) sundry things - straps

Subject: RE: [OM] ( OM ) sundry things - straps
From: Marc Lawrence <mlawrence@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:12:14 +1000
> Lee Penzias [mailto:l_penzias@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
> Soft webbing is my choice - or leather.

I have tried neither, however, when I bought the OM1
most recently it did not come with a strap, so I bought
one which was made of neoprene about 0.25" thick around
the neck (normal width). I quite like it - it's a bit
springy, and quite soft around the neck.

Of course, my only comparison is the standard strap that
came with the Canon EOS 50E, and it's crap. It's just
a thick, rough cloth-type one and it scratches like hell
at the neck, even more so when the weather's warmer.

You wouldn't know where a picture is of the above
"soft-webbing" on the web somewhere, would you? I found
the Domke straps that Winsor mentioned (at the bottom of
http://www.saundersphoto.com/html/body_accss.htm )

I've got to replace that horrible Canon thing, but wouldn't
mind looking at others before getting another neoprene jobby.

Cheers
Marc
Sydney, Oz