Re: [OM] Ciao for now

Subject: Re: [OM] Ciao for now
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 12:40:32 +0100
Cc: Joel Wilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Joel

I dream of having an Airstream... you could take a photo of it
against some dramatic scenery....

Have a good time.

chris

At 22:40 -0500 6/8/02, Joel Wilcox wrote:
Hey all,
I'm off on a little vacation to NE Iowa, known locally as "Little
Switzerland" because of the hilly country that escaped the ravages
of glaciers once upon a time.  The New and Different Thing about
this trip is that I will be dragging my mom and dad's 1966 Airstream
Overlander behind their 1987 GMC van and setting up in a campground
NW of Decorah across from a landmark bluff known as Chimney Rock.  I
am convinced there is a "Chimney Rock" in every state in the USA,
but I have yet to see the one in my own.  Barring road problems I
will soon remedy that.

We'll be canoeing the Upper Iowa river and visiting some caves in
the area.  I don't expect to do any shooting in the caves and I'm
not really counting on doing much shooting at all but concentrating
instead on the family activities.  I'm going to take a minimalist
kit:

beater black OM-1
beater SC 24/2.8
SC 50/1.8
beautiful SC 100/2.8
Viv macro-focusing doubler

I'll probably shoot Provia F, if I get to shoot at all.  I'm hoping
to scout the area for a fall color tour as well.  I expect baseball
glove and/or football will get more use than camera gear.

Going off list in a day or two.  Best wishes to all.  Light a candle
for that GMC van!

Joel W.

--
<|_:-)_|>