RE: [OM] monopods

Subject: RE: [OM] monopods
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 08:43:40 -0600
> Anyone use one
> of these monopods? Comments? Anyone have a monopod for sale?

 I'm just thinking about these again, too, but a different question --
comparing the 479 (standard monopod) to the 479-4, the 4-section one. Going
from 3 to 4 sections, I lose a bit of total height, gain weight, and the
final result is 13cm shorter, which could be very handy for fitting it in
bags.

 When other people were looking at these, was there a particular reason to
go for one over the other?

 (original poster mentioned Henry's auctions; it's worth remembering that
Henry's is in Canada, so there'll be more shipping and possibly duty to take
into account -- it might not be as good a deal as it initially appears,
unless you're up here as well)

 -- dan