Re: [OM] OM Owner Emeritus

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Owner Emeritus
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 18:32:24 -0700

That's interesting, I just came away from reading again about the
Cosina/Voigtlander RF's on the cameraquest site, and read this email. I've
been thinking about getting an R for some time, but somehow it still reminds
me too much of my OM2000, which isn't all bad, but definitely not an OM1n,
or 2s. The R still looks to have that plastic back, and does the timer lever
feel cheapy on the R like the 2000? It looks a little more substantial in
the pics. Somehow I just can't seem to justify the price yet, but in the
near future I may try one.
Wayne

Well, it is a cheap camera.  About 300f the price of one of the few
remaining new OM4Ti bodies and not substantially smaller or lighter
with a selection of similarly slow OM lenses.

Rangefinders are fun though and provide a different way  of seeing.
Considering that the Cosina will probably not be as collectable as a
Praktica in a few years one would probably be better off looking for
a clean M Leica and lenses which you can resell for more money in the
future than you paid for it should you decide to part with it. But
you probably will not get rid of it because you are worth it.  :-)
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?