[OM] Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography

Subject: [OM] Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography
From: "Aaron Ginn" <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 12:47:18 -0700
I'm looking at buying a 200mm for my OM-1n for astrowork.  I had my eye on
the 200mm f/4 since it apparently performs well with a 2X teleconverter
attached to it.  According to Gary's test page, however, the 65-200mm f/4
zoom seems to perform as well as the prime at the long end.  Now I'm
wondering if I shouldn't consider it since I would love a nice telephoto
zoom for my Oly.

Now please don't say buy both!  It's entirely out of the question right now.
I'd consider adding the zoom later for general purpose work, but if it will
perform as well piggybacked on a scope, I'll forego the prime.  Also, what
kind of results could I expect with a 2X converter at 200mm?

Thanks a lot,
Aaron Ginn