[OM] OK, so who's got the virus ...

Subject: [OM] OK, so who's got the virus ...
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 17:41:37 +0100
Hi Guys, am I the only one getting loads of virus emails in the last couple
of hours ?

Anyway, slightly amusing story ... I work in the technical side of a TV
station.  This particular TV station uses Computers acting as Video Servers
to store, edit, and play-to-air most of it's programming.  The very kind
people at Grass Valley Group (who installed the system) very kindly
installed it with a Virus which this afternoon made a very passable attempt
at taking us off the air.  This made most of us chuckle as the system has
been flaky since day 1, and we've all been arguing for the return of our
beloved video recorders (much like us clinging on to "old" technology with
our OM's).  New argument is "you can't infect a DigiBeta Recorder with a
virus" (top quality VCR for those interested).  Got me thinking.  How long
will it be before Digital Stills Cameras start getting viruses ?  They keep
getting connected to PC's to download the pics, so is it possible ?

Another reason to stick with my film gear (OM of course) for as long as
possible ...

Jon