AW: [OM] OT astrophotography - was Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography

Subject: AW: [OM] OT astrophotography - was Zuiko telephoto fro astrophotography
From: jochen.schiffler@xxxxxxxxxxx (Jochen Schiffler)
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 22:19:41 +0200
>Maybe with a
>perfectly aligned mount and RA drive (I don't have one) I might 'almost'
not
>have to adjust DEC or RA axis for several minutes.

>"Yes, that's what I mean. Maybe I'm not using the right words, but I
>understand that 'tracking' is the way to compensate for earth's motion
>(from a barn-door to an equatorial mount), and 'guiding' is the task of
>making (tiny) adjustments during exposure to achive perfect tracking."

Perhabs I just didn't think carefully enough about it. Anyway, basically I
just wanted to make sure that you can't *generally* say the 200mm will allow
exposures of several minutes. It depends on the astronomical equipment
accompanying the Zuiko (or any other lens). Not everyone is that familiar
with astronomical equipment or terminology.

Nevertheless, your photographs are very nice indeed!
Have you ever used Kodak Elite Chrome 200 instead of Ektachrome E200? It's
the same emulsion (though not fulfilling pro manufacturing tolerances) and
is way cheaper (I just bought a 10 pack for 2,90 EURO per roll).

cheers
Jochen