[OM] Slide Copier question and side story

Subject: [OM] Slide Copier question and side story
From: Johan Malmström <jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:08:20 +0200
Hi all!

I've found a Slide Copier in a small photo store and I could not resist. I'm
picking it up on Monday, so I have not touched it yet. It was nicely stuffed
in its box and every ting looked nice.

But what do I need now? Can I use my extension rings with a 50 mm or do I
need a bellow? What's the result using a Vivitar 2x macro focusing thingy?

Side story:
After spending three weeks at a B&W photography summer class, I more and
more like my Olympus gear. I had a chance to use other camera brands, from
old fully mechanical (probably same generation as OM-1, but at least 2 times
in size...) to new state-of-the-practic cameras as EOS-1 and similar. Well
what can I say, the OM:s are very nice cameras... BUT, I had a chance to
shoot some rolls with a Hasselblad. I must say I like it. So after the
course had ended, I complained to a friend of my lust after bigger chromes
and negatives. This friend has as hobby to attend flee markets and such, so
he called some day after and told me that he had found me a Agfa Isolette
and a spare Kodak Carousel S(mine need new lens elements) at a total cost of
about $20. Now comes the gory part. On the way home from the flee market my
friend stops by his girlfriend sisters family. He shows what he found for me
and himself and the husband of the sister looks at the things and says:
"Well no one ever uses that old stuff, I've got an old camera stuffed some
were I never use. Instead I use my (insert P&S wonderbrick here), much
better."
Later my friend visit this family again. And he gets an old camera bag with
the words "You can have this, I throw away the boxes but here is the camera,
it's broken."

In the bag a OM-10, a MIJ 50/1.8, a zoom lens and a flash. This is where my
friend calls me, and tells me how how broken it is... Because after changing
batteries it works. I now consider my friend as a "lucky guy". :)

Well back to main topic, the slide copier, what to use with it?

// Johan

--
"Tell the world what we think of those mindless suburban drones that insist
on getting 8 mpg while driving their kids to soccer practice. Join us as we