Re: [OM] Slide Copier question and side story

Subject: Re: [OM] Slide Copier question and side story
From: john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:04:05 +0100
On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 12:08:20 +0200, Johan Malmström
<jmalmstrom@xxxxxxx> wrote:

>Later my friend visit this family again. And he gets an old camera bag with
>the words "You can have this, I throw away the boxes but here is the camera,
>it's broken."
>
>In the bag a OM-10, a MIJ 50/1.8, a zoom lens and a flash. This is where my
>friend calls me, and tells me how how broken it is... Because after changing
>batteries it works. I now consider my friend as a "lucky guy". :)

Nice one!  My son (who happens to work in a photo dealer) saw two
Zuikos (100mm 2.8 and 24mm 2.8) in a secondhand shop (not a photo
dealer) nearby. "How much?" he asked. "30 pounds (about 45 USD) for
the two" they said. The two lenses are almost mint. I nearly wept!

John Gruffydd (Mold, Wales, UK)