RE: [OM] off topic/ 124g

Subject: RE: [OM] off topic/ 124g
From: "Robert Gries" <rgg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 08:29:19 -0500
Well, for the 124g, I'd say go for it.  Very nice and easy to use.  The
only problem I had with it is that sometimes compositions don't look as
good on film as they did in the VF.  It must be the backwards view that
throws me, but it doesn't happen that often.

The auxiliary lenses aren't really worth it.  The wide angle will
vignette, and the tele is a bit soft.  One piece of advice would be to
find a bayonet to series 5 adapter.  Series 5 filters are much easier to
find that any of the bayonet.

I don't know much about the 645, but sounds like it should be pretty
good.

<snip>

I have decided to try dabbling in MF, and am starting very carefully
with only the lowly Yashi* 124 g.