Re: [OM] OM Owner Emeritus

Subject: Re: [OM] OM Owner Emeritus
From: Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 13:20:13 -0400
Dear Larry,

Sorry to see you go, especially since those "compact" RF Cosina /
Voigtlander  R2s you like weigh much the same as the OM-F, OM-G and OM-PC,
are the same size as all the OMs (except ~15mm less thick without a lens -
and just as thick with), and lack the spot metering of the 2s, 3, 4. They
are bigger and weigh more when you have to add the viewfinder for the wider
lenses.

The only advantage I see is better wide-angle focusing and wider
rectilinear lenses of 12 & 15mm.

I think we mainly lost you to the dark side - the N*k*n f100.
(A very capable machine, though the instruction book weighs even more than
the camera.)

tOM

On Wednesday, August 07, 2002 at 19:27, Larry J. Clark
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "[OM] OM Owner Emeritus" saying:
> This evening I secured the last strip of packing tape on a large box with
> over 88 individual pieces of OM gear - headed to a large dealer as a single
> wholesale buy.
> As you can see, my camera needs split right at the OM, with a larger camera
> doing jobs the OM can't, and a more compact solution than even the OM.  So I
> really didn't need OM anymore, and the sale will buy me a 300mm f/2.8, and
> several primes.  A second F100 body is right around the corner.
...--
--------- http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Olympus-Documentation