Re: [OM] E-20N User's Report Long

Subject: Re: [OM] E-20N User's Report Long
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 14:22:01 -0700
In a message dated 8/11/2002 Winsor Crosby  writes:

<< Another dumb question, but I am confused.  How do you tell if it is
focused if you are turning a ring?  What is the feedback the camera
gives you to let you know? Or are we just setting an estimated
distance here.

Winsor
Microprisms rule. :-) >>

Umm, well, the E-10/20 is a SLR ;-)

While not as easy to focus as my OM-4t with a 2-4 screen, I don't find
manually focusing the E-10 to be much worse than my OM-2S with a 1 (1-13?)
series screen--pretty close really. There is a way of displaying focus
distance as well, but that involves use of the battery hogging (and
otherwise nearly worthless IMO for everything except perhaps macro work) LCD
display while shooting.

One E-10/20 AF/MF trick I learned is that you can pre-focus with the AF and
lock that position for as many shots as you desire (provided you don't bump
the focus ring) by switching to MF. I use this technique a lot for shooting
panned shots.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com