Re: [OM] Tokina 80-200 AT-X Lens Hoos (Was: Lenshood #s for Tokina AT-X

Subject: Re: [OM] Tokina 80-200 AT-X Lens Hoos (Was: Lenshood #s for Tokina AT-X 90mm & 28-85mm lenses?)
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 20:15:39 -0500
OK. Now I'm home and have the lens out. The front is as you describe. There
is a thin groove about 3/4mm back from the front and in front of the thin
red
trim ring. The hood is cylindrical, and larger in diameter than the front of
the lens.
The rear of the cylinder has an annular flat surface at right angles to the
cylinder.
Think of a food can with one end off and a circular hole in the middle of
the
other end. It has two tabs on the outside which operate four little cams
which
lock into the groove. The hood can be mounted reversed; and the lens, with
reversed hood, fits into the cylindrical leatherette case.

Paul