[OM] FS: 18mm/F3.5, OM1n, OM2n and LOTS More

Subject: [OM] FS: 18mm/F3.5, OM1n, OM2n and LOTS More
From: Matt Crawley <matt@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:49:42 -0600
Hi Everyone.

Here's the list of items. See below for descriptions.

OM1nMD - Silver/Black with Shoe 4, Body Cap, Winder 1 and Manual- $130

OM2nMD Silver/Black with Shoe 4, Body Cap, Winder 2 and Instructions - $110

Zuiko 18mm/f3.5 with 49mm-72mm Step-Up-Hood, 3 Caps and Leather Case - $400

Zuiko 75-150mm Zoom with Front & Rear Caps, Leather Case & 3 filters - $75

Zuiko 28mm/f2.8 with Rear cap, Lens Hood, Leather Case & 3 filters - $45

Zuiko 50mm/f1.8 with Rear cap & 3 filters - $35

Vivitar 55mm/f2.8 Macro with Rear Cap - $45

Access 2X Macro Teleconverter with case - $30

Minolta Flash Meter 3 Digital Meter with case - $115

Here's a little background...

About 1 year ago when a client was giving me the tour of his offices, I
spied a bunch of OM gear gathering dust in a corner. The gear was originally
purchased for the "inhouse" photography department and it saw a good bit of
use back in the 1980s when but it has been sitting dormant in an air
conditioned closet for over 10 years. I traded some work with the client
and walked out with the gear. :-)

I've used the OM stuff a bunch of times over the last year. I used it as a
"travel" or "street" camera because I liked the size and simplicity and it
rewarded me with some awesome shots. I have some really nice pictures of a
Saturn moon rocket at Cape Kennedy... The ENTIRE, 3 stage rocket is INDOORS
on it's side so you can't get back from it very far and the light SUCKS...
OM2n with the 18mm/f3.5 and Fuji NPH 800 handled it no problem :-)

So... Why am I selling? I just can't get as comfortable with OM gear as I do
with Canon FD. I think my hands are just too big for OM and Canon FD gear
just works better for my size hands... No flames please :-(

I think my prices are very reasonable but I am open to offers. If it doesn't
sell here in a few weeks then I'll put it on Ebay.

Anyways. Here's the descriptions. All this stuff is definitely "Used" but I
think that none of it is abused. I tried to be very accurate in the
descriptions and may even be a little too critical. I offer a 7 day money
back guarantee on all items.

OM1nMD - Silver/Black with Shoe 4, Body Cap, Winder 1 and Manual- $130

OM1 is in very good condition with no dents or dings. There are some light
scratches in the matte finish on the top plate and more, heavier scratches
on the bottom plate caused by tripod or winder installation. There is also
some very minor paint chipping on the bottom edge of the back and the back's
hinge. The Meter functions fine and the foam looks good. Camera was last
serviced 1/27/87 and I see no reason why it would need a CLA now. I have NOT
shot any test film with this camera.

The Shoe 4 has 2 small cracks. The Winder 1 is in good condition with light
scratches and some minor paint chips and all the electrical contacts are
corrosion free. I have not tested either of these.

OM2nMD Silver/Black with Shoe 4, Body Cap, Winder 2 and Instructions - $110

OM2 has almost no scratches on the top and bottom plates but it has a dent
on the corner of the top plate. There is also some minor paint chipping on
the edges of the back and the film holder. I don't know when this camera was
last serviced but I have shot a number of rolls of slide and neg film with
it and have had NO problems.

The Shoe 4 has 2 small cracks. The Winder 2 has a pretty bad crack in the
bottom section just above the control dial.

Zuiko 18mm/f3.5 with 49mm-72mm Step-Up-Hood, 3 Caps and Leather Case - $400

What a lens. The body of the lens is in very, very nice shape but there are
a few marks on the front glass. There is a teeeny, tiny "peck" about 1/3 of
the way in from the outer edge. It looks almost like a bubble in the
coating... It's small enough that I thought it was a very small speck of
dust at first. If I hold the light right I can also see some rubs in the
coating probably caused from cleaning. I have taken many great pics with
this lens and if the marks on the front glass hurt picture quality I
honestly can't see it.

Zuiko 75-150mm Zoom with Front & Rear Caps, Leather Case & 3 filters - $75

75-150mm is in very good condition with perfect glass. The body has a few
small scratches here and there and there is a bit of paint loss on the edge
of the built in hood. The focus is silky smooth but the zoom is not as
smooth(I'm not sure if this is normal this is the only zoom I own).

I have a LOT of nice 49mm filters and I'll include 3 with purchase.

Zuiko 28mm/f2.8 with Rear cap, Lens Hood, Leather Case & 3 filters - $45

28mm is in Excellent condition cosmetically with with perfect glass.
Unfortunately I forgot this lens in the car one night and it got cooked by
the sun the next morning causing the internal grease to melt thus causing
the aperture to stick open. This lens worked fine until that day and now it
won't stop down. My local shop quoted me $59usd to take it apart and clean
the blades.

I have a LOT of nice 49mm filters and I'll include 3 with purchase.

Zuiko 50mm/f1.8 with Rear cap & 3 filters - $35

50mm is in good condition cosmetically with with perfect glass. This is one
of the "Made in Japan" lenses

Vivitar 55mm/f2.8 Macro with Rear Cap - $45

55mm Macro capable of 1:1 is in good condition cosmetically with with
perfect glass. This seems like a nice lens... and fast for a Macro.

Access 2X Macro Teleconverter with Front & Rear Caps and Case - $30

This Teleconverter is BRAND NEW. It looks like it has never even
been mounted to a camera or a lens. "Access" is the brand and this is a
multicoated TC that should maintain the auto aperture feature with all OM
lenses.

Minolta Flash Meter 3  with Case - $115

This is in Excellent condition with just a few teeny tiny scratches here and
there. I have checked the meter vs the meters in my camera and it is spot
on. One of these sold on ebay the other day for $162.50 so I think my price
is VERY fair. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1371152944

None of these prices include shipping. Shipping will be actual
postage/insurance plus a small fee for packing materials. That's it for now.
I'll check for responses on list or I can be contacted privately at
matt@xxxxxxxxx

Regards.

 - Matt Crawley