Re: [OM] Galen Rowell

Subject: Re: [OM] Galen Rowell
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:15:40 -0700
Does anyone know what camera system Galen Rowell preferred to shoot?
Just curious.

John Cwiklinski

Earlier he used Nikon with single focal lengths. He preferred the
slower lenses with fewer elements to avoid flare in shooting outdoors
although he did express a liking for the 35/1.4 for available light.
During that period his favorite lens was the 24/2.8. I believe he
expressed his awareness of the variability in quality of individual
Nikon lens designs. Later he migrated to Nikon zooms which he found
to be fully the equal of the single focal lengths.  He said that it
was only after careful testing that he made the transition. His later
equipment lists for shoots were incredible, but he did have the
advantage of being furnished "grunts" to carry things. I believe
Nikon furnished his cameras, but he indicated he had to buy his own
Gitzo.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California