[OM] new printer questions

Subject: [OM] new printer questions
From: Mike <watershed@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 10:32:06 -0700
Well I've been trying to figure out how to use my new garage sale
printer (epson 2000p) and managed to get a decent 8x10 in time to enter
it in the county fair yesterday. Tough competition in the photo
categories but at least OM is now represented :)  I can't complain about
the printer the results are great. The nut behind the wheel is the
problem. The problem is that i haven't been able to calibrate the screen
image to match the printed image. The two are nowhere close to being the
same. This results in me having to do a printout each time I make a
change in the image editor to see the result. Very slow and costly
method. Other than buying a $1500 monitor what can I do to get a
reasonable calibration? If it were at least close I could then do an
"eyeball" calibration and cut down on the number of trial prints. Does
anyone else have this problem? FYI I'm scanning with an old HP SCSI
PhotoSmart, Ulead PhotoImpact v4 editor.

mike

--
Latitude 48° 32' North, Longitude 123° 7' West