RE: [OM] Macro flash survey

Subject: RE: [OM] Macro flash survey
From: Marten Beels <mbeels@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 07:23:54 -0700 (PDT)
>Marten Beels wrote :
>
> > So I got a second T-20 cheap (thanks to Tom
>Scales), a generic flash
> > extension cord, and a Duo-Sync cord off of *bay.
>
>Since I picked up a T20 cheap last weekend,
>I have been thinking along the same lines.
>
>My questions :
>
>1.
>What is a generic flash extension cord ?
>Do you mean one of the TTL Auto Cords T ?
>I have a TTL Auto Cord T 0.6m which I use with my
OM->4 and T-32.

Wim, the flash extension cord that I bought is
basically two hot shoes connected by a coiled cord.
The particular one that I got had 4 connections,
ground, the trigger, and two others that were close
enough to the flash ready and quench signals of OM,
that I could make it work.

>2.
>What is a Duo-Sync ?

Duo-Sync made flash extension cords for specific
brands of camera.  The OM (n) version has the contacts
in the right places to line up with the contacts on
the hot shoe and T flashes.  This is necessary because
the the T-20 does not have an auto connector socket
like the T-32.  You could use a auto connector T-20,
but they are hard to find and relatively expensive.

Here is one:
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1373684400>

Marten