Re: [OM] F280 flash fails to fire

Subject: Re: [OM] F280 flash fails to fire
From: "Paul D. Farrar" <farrar@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 09:14:23 -0500
Since the body controls the flash in normal mode, it was the body. Probably
because it used a speed less than 1/60. The viewfinder speed is an estimate,
not the actual speed that will be used. Even though both the viewfinder
estimate
and the actual exposure use the same meter cell, they view the scene
differently:
viewfinder through a mirror arrangement, actual exposure from reflection off
the film and shutter curtain (50/50, at sync speed). The strong backlighting
may
cause them to read differently. If I expect flash, and get none, I just
close down
aperture a click and shoot again.

Paul Farrar