Re: [OM] ...And Six Months Later.

Subject: Re: [OM] ...And Six Months Later.
From: John Hudson <jahudson@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2002 17:19:41 -0700
Josh Lohuis wrote:

> > Can you tell us more about what makes one photo lab better than another?
>
>       Well, there are 4 mini-labs in my city:  Wal-Mart, The PhotoLab at
> Your Independant Grocer, Bruno's Photofinishing and Royal Studio.
>    Everybody should have a general idea about a lab in a Wal-Mart store,
> stretching of chemicals, toddlers running things, etc.

Here on the west coast, Walmart is a collection point for Kodachrome
slide film for onward shipment to its processing station. The turnaround
time is only a matter of a few days and the Walmart stores makes no
charge for shipping and handling. Seems that the pro labs in town
disowned Kodachrome a while back.

John Hudson
Vancouver, BC

ps: on recent trip to the UK I saw that Walmart is operating under the
name "ASDA" ......... any idea why Sam Walton's legacy is hiding its
real identity?