Re: [OM] 40mm & 18mm at Ffordes...

Subject: Re: [OM] 40mm & 18mm at Ffordes...
From: "Julian Davies" <julian_davies@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:55:52 +0100
You didn't miss them. They moved up there from Sussex a couple of years ago.
I have had plenty of dealings with Ffordes (just ask her indoors!), and I
have to say that I have found them to be very reasonable on price, and
extremely conservative on ratings, so thoroughly recommended. This is the
only web shop where I would buy without ringing up to discuss the Items,
(although I am experimenting with Wide - Angle in Holland)
The web page prices are inc VAT.

By the way, I could say the same about MXV when it comes to service and
ratings, although you do need to ring to place the order and I always
discuss the items with them first, because they can be a bit hazy on things
like MC etc. They also have a very good returns policy, in the unlikely
event that you need it.
I saw a thread about their site: They don't  work Mondays, so the site is
usually updated Tuesday morning, and again on Thursday or Friday . The dates
are at the bottom of the page, and appear to be accurate, so I always look
on Tue and Fri Mornings (UK time, so get up early across the pond if you
want to beat me to it!). Once again, prices include the scourge of Europe,
VAT.

Julian