[OM] T-32 with Hassy OTF body?

Subject: [OM] T-32 with Hassy OTF body?
From: HI100@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 06:25:14 EDT

If you have reason to believe that this will NEVER work, please save me the
expense of 2 cables and a bit of time and let me know.
<<

To be compatible with the T series the quench line of the Hassy needs to be
able to trigger from a -3V pulse, as far as I remember.  Years ago, before I
owned any Tseries flashes, I converted a Canon flash to work with an OM2 by
adding a transistor across the photo sensor in the Canon flash.

If you know somebody with a storage oscilloscope or digital scope you can
check what the quench signal from the Hassey looks like on the scope,after
you trigger the camera under dark enough conditions for the flash to operate.
This will save you the trouble of trial and error testing if the voltage
turns out to be the wrong polarity.

The input circuit on the T32 quench line has a series resistor ,so as long as
the polarity is correct, it does not matter too much if the Hassey puts out
somewhat more than 3V, it should not damage the T32.

The only other line you probably need to connect is the Xsync trigger.
Sometimes the polarity can be a problem on these lines if the camera uses a
solid state switch instead of a mechanical switch.  If the flash can trigger
in the normal camera hotshoe this is probably not an issue.

Regards,
Tim Hughes