Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 08:09:05 EDT
In a message dated 8/19/2002 1:58:13 AM Central Standard Time,
olympus@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> figure if the Maxxum is a great buy

I went through a very similar conversation with myself  when getting
something for my son-in-law. The Minolta Maxxum 5 was the other choice for
me, however I was interested in him learning some principles and figure a
more manual camera would get him there.  Gave him an OM G and a 28-85 Tokina
AT-X lens (although there are a couple more waiting for him) and told him
there would be more after he tested the limits of this lens.  I figured the
worst that could happen would be that he didn't like it and I'd buy him the
Maxxum 5, but in the mean time he could learn some and would have access to a
broad spectrum of Olympus gear.  Bottom line - I like your choice of the
Maxxum 5 which at this point is my fall back position.  Bill Barber