Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 09:27:08 -0700
Albert, I bought the OM-4T in '86, then used it until around early
90s, and switched to a Pentax ZX-5. It weighs about the same as the
OM-4t and has similar dimensions. It is one of the first autofocus
cameras with retro-features with knobs and whatever and not just
lots of push buttons. It even has a single spot auto-focus and spot
metering.

2 years ago, the OM-4T called me back. I have not looked back since.
I found auto-focus is not as helpful as I thought it would, and I am
having a blast with using fast prime lens. The multi-spot really
makes you think. It's been a long journey, but I am glad I am back.

I have a friend who got two ZX-5s just after they came out. I was
similarly impressed.  He has returned one body to Pentax three times
for service and the other body once, but it needs to go in again.  He
is a good and careful photographer who happily used a Canon AE-1
Program for many years. The main problem with his Pentaxes is that he
cannot get consistent exposures out of the exposure system. Very
disappointing and he is definitely dumping them.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California

?