Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?

Subject: Re: [OM] OM4-Ti or Minolta Maxxum 5?
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2002 11:26:23 -0700

...I have a friend who got two ZX-5s just after they came out. I was similarly impressed. He has returned one body to Pentax three times for service and the other body once, but it needs to go in again. He is a good and careful photographer who happily used a Canon AE-1 Program for many years. The main problem with his Pentaxes is that he cannot get consistent exposures out of the exposure system. Very disappointing and he is definitely dumping them.
--
Winsor Crosby

My ZX-5 never gives problems per se, but I do recall one frustration is that in scenes that a computer should know what to do (e.g. backlit), I am not getting very good pictures either. I figured that if I have to think about the exposure, I might as well go back to using the OM-4T, which is what I did :-) I suppose it is just the ZX-5, and not a condemnation of all magic-exposure systems out there.

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]