Re: [OM] Thoughts on macro photograhy

Subject: Re: [OM] Thoughts on macro photograhy
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:44:10 -0400
Some may disagree, but I am of the opinion that the MD2, with its
counter-rotating motors, has a stabilizing effect, both from the motors'
gyroscopic influence and because of the added mass of the MD2 and the NiCd
pack.

Of course, I think flash is the real secret.  And I find tripods to be too
much of a hindrance for most outdoor macro work, particularly with little
critters, who often must be pursued and tend to sit still, watching the
fiddling around with the tripod, and then fly away one oh-no second before
the shutter is tripped.

So, my normal outfit is an OM-4Ti, MD2, a Zuiko (or Tamron) macro lens of
some sort, on the 65-116 auto tube if needed, one of the three Olympus
macro flash units, a shoulder pod, and sometimes a monopod attached to the
tripod socket of the shoulder pod.  It's a lot of hardware, but it's quick
on the draw and gets 'em most of the time.

Walt