Re: [OM] 300mm BIN $175 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&i

Subject: Re: [OM] 300mm BIN $175 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1374991671
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 20:18:40 +0200 (CEST)
On Tue, 20 Aug 2002, Dorothée Rapp wrote:

> T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>

> > Seriously, enjoy the 300mm. I have one, and the 16 frames I have taken
> > with it over the years have been a joy :) Yes, 16 frames - it is a rather
> > long lens to carry around :)
>
> that's why I put a monopod underneath. Gives me sort of the right
> perspective :))

Definitely. The 300mm needs a kind of support. Can be hand-held with a
steady hand, a md and the "pistol grip", but it is not easy....:)

What I meant was also, that the subjects I encounter rarely are so far
away and so small that I need anything much longer than 200mm. Actually,
on my recent trip to Japan, the longest lens I used was 135mm long. The
200mm was there, but rested well in my bag.

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx