Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!

Subject: Re: [OM] Another Olympus with Multi-spot metering!
From: Mike Veglia <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 15:09:48 -0700
In a message dated 8/20/2002 Winsor Crosby  writes:

<< Let's see. An experienced and accomplished photographer is unable to
figure out how to use the light meter and the answer is in the second
100 pages of the instruction book! Now that is what I call user
friendly. I can certainly see that eventually electronics will
replace film,  but it is the rest of the monstrosity, er camera, that
needs a redo.  I still like the idea of a CCD back , settable to
specific film speeds, that will pop on to the OM4Ti. >>

I'm guessing that said instruction book is in at least 3 different
languages. I have no idea how user friendly the C-3030/3040 is, but the
C-5050 looks like a potentially very nice digital camera. What I am really
anxious to see is the new SLR system that Olympus is supposed to debut next
month. Much as I would love a digital back for my OMs, I have accepted the
reality it won't happen, moved on, and am learning digital photography "the
Olympus way" with an E-10 for now. When I first bought the E-10 I tried to
absorb as much of the manual as I could. In reality, it is a pretty simple
camera that is capable of some really impressive results. I recall both the
OM-2S and OM-4T requiring *two manuals* (each nearly as think as an E-10
manual), one for basic controls, the other for creative photography. I also
recall being somewhat technically overwhelmed by the OM-2S back in 1986 when
all I was personally used to at the time was an OM-1.

I would imagine that multi-spot metering would not be in the "beginner's"
section of the C-3040 manual ;-)

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com