RE: [OM] A shifty-looking auction

Subject: RE: [OM] A shifty-looking auction
From: "Tom Trottier" <Tom@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 19:04:31 -0400
On Tuesday, August 20, 2002 at 10:47, Daniel J. Mitchell
<olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote re "RE: [OM] A shifty-looking auction" saying:

> > Does anybody know anything about these?  Looks interesting,
> > but then...
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1374957562
>
>  Perhaps I'm missing something, but how useful would an 80mm shift lens be?
> As far as I can see, that's long enough that you'd have a hard time getting
> enough perspective distortion in there for the shift to be worthwhile,
> though I may be mis-visualising it.

Depends on whether you're near or far.
The shift should increase along with the focal length... but not with
this lens, still 11mm.

I see the major use for this being product photography, using the tilt
to adjust the focus plane to make sharp & unsharp whatever you want.

tOM
------- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur -----------------
   ,__@ Tom A. Trottier +1 613 860-6633 fax:231-6115
 _-\_<, 758 Albert St.,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
(*)/'(*)        ICQ:57647974 N45.412 W75.714