Re: [OM] Hiking Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Hiking Advice
From: "Richard F. Man" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 12:47:50 -0700
At 10:39 AM 8/21/2002 -0700, you wrote:
I'm hiking to the bottom of the Grand Canyon at the
end of September (two days, from the North Rim,
camping with tents provided, and then up to the South
Rim on the second day) and wonder what advice the
group might have on what to carry.  The minimum would
be water and sunscreen but I must take photos.
..

How good a shape are you? I mean, really.

This is a tough hike, especially on the way up. Unless you KNOW you are in shape to do it, get a monopod hiking stick ans froget about the tripod. Take at most two lens from your OM kits.

Otherwise, you may feel like chucking that $5000 MF kits down the canyon. It may be either that or not make the hike at all..

// richard http://www.imagecraft.com
[ For technical support, please include all previous replies in your msgs. ]