Re: [OM] 28-48mm...focusing?

Subject: Re: [OM] 28-48mm...focusing?
From: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:21:45 +0200 (CEST)
Cc: Pschings@xxxxxxx
On Wed, 21 Aug 2002 Pschings@xxxxxxx wrote:

> In a message dated Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:48:31 +0200 (CEST),
> T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
>
> > Got my hands on a Zuiko 28-48, which is in excellent condition. One thing
> > I notice, though, is that the focus does not stay consistent throughout
> > the zoom range. I.e. if I focus at the 28mm setting, then zoom to 48mm,
> > the focus changes. (And, of course,the same happens if I
> > focus at 48mm and
> > zoom to 28...).
> >
> > Is this normal for this lens?
>
> I don't believe it is. Of course you have me wondering now, and I'll
> have to check mine when I get home tonight. If you can live with it as
> is I;d just leave it. It shouldn't affect results, just handling. A CLA
> would probably fix it.

Let me know your findings, ok? I've been looking around on the www, and it
seems that there are some reports similar to what I see. Yet nothing
authoritative....so I'd appreciate any clues :)

  Thomas Heide Clausen
  Civilingeniør i Datateknik (cand.polyt)
  M.Sc in Computer Engineering

  E-Mail: T.Clausen@xxxxxxxxxxxx