[OM] Eurasia maybe?

Subject: [OM] Eurasia maybe?
From: iwert bernakiewicz <iwert@xxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 23:19:34 +0200
op 21-08-2002 23:06 schreef plp@xxxxxxxx op plp@xxxxxxxx:

hello Pete,

>> OLYMPUS shows at the Photokina her digital (6Meg?) reflex with
>> 6 interchangeable lenses. There will be an adapter for OM-optics
>
> Not to trash anyone's dreams, but if this is true, why hasn't
> news of this appeared in the USA press?  The USA market is either
> the biggest or second biggest after Asia.  This smells like a
> marketing person not understanding the facts.

maybe it is the biggest market, but we Europeans are very old-fashioned, so
maybe, just for nostalgia, they tried holland out first (Olympus OM was Very
popular here once) BTW, they also release new music first in the Benelux
countries, and afterwards to the rest of the world. (and in our maps, Europe
lies in the middle... it is all about point of view)

Anyway, I just hope the news comes true in some way... I just remember the
grin the Olympus salesman got on his face when I aked about a digital camera
back or a digital body compatible with OM-system last spring at Olympus
Plaze Tokyo, after a CLA of my trusty OM4ti...

iwert