RE: [OM] Best way to remove stuck motor drive cap on OM-2

Subject: RE: [OM] Best way to remove stuck motor drive cap on OM-2
From: "Daniel J. Mitchell" <DanielMitchell@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 16:17:29 -0600
> At this point, I'm happy to just get the thing off
> because the cap has already been scratched up a bit by the
> previous owner and myself.

 Well, if you're feeling brave, you could try drilling a couple of holes in
it, sticking the tips of a pair of needlenose pliers in there, and that'll
get you a lot more leverage.

 If it doesn't work, then you could try enlarging one of the holes and
gripping sideways to wrench it out that way, or just peel it up and out by
cutting a slit across the bottom.

 All of these, of course, will require a _lot_ of care not to mess with the
gears behind the cap, but it should work in the end.. (that said, it's not
my camera that you'll be drilling, so I can recommend all sorts of things
that I probably wouldn't do myself..)

 -- dan