Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall 2 grinder

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron Adaptall 2 grinder
From: GMcGrath@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 22:12:25 EDT
Winsor,
Tamron made an earlier series of interchangeable-mount lenses called
"Adaptall" and newer series called "Adaptall 2." I don't think that the
earlier mounts will fit the 'A2' series lenses. They also made an "F" series
of lenses with fixed mounts for various brands, but you don't see those very
often. The "good" A2 mounts are labeled "Japan" and "OL" on the camera face
side of the mount. They have four screws that are located at approximately
12:00, 4:00, 6:00, and 8:00 if you look at the camera face side of the mount
with the red aperture index dot at 12:00. "Bad" examples of the A2 mount have
a screw at 3:00 or 3:30 instead of 4:00, and it can damage the lens sensor
pin of your camera. Be aware that out of the ten or so "Japan" "OL" mounts
that I have, I do have one with the bad screw placement, as some others have
also found. But mounts labeled "OM" will definitely have the bad screw. Some
people have epoxied over the offending screw and filed it smooth, but if you
can, just get a good one to start with.
HTH,
Greg